I love eating and exploring cultures, places & stories through food. I’m a fun guide–I’ll share about Asian/Chinese history, food factoids, speak Mandarin Chinese (and try other languages) and can navigate meals and deals (and strange menus) at restaurants, international supermarkets and food fairs (though I might get “disorientaled” on the highway).
I’m kicking off The Atlanta EAT with NATALIE! meetup group to bring together friendly food fans who want fun, casual, spontaneous gatherings to eat and explore Asian and ethnic food, restaurants, markets, fairs, etc. with me. Along the way you’ll get samples, tips, travel insights, my favorite snacks and dishes and more!
Many will be free or a cost a modest admin fee. Super special events, like Chinese New Year Cultural Dinner, will be individually priced.
*Get “Where’s Natalie” live, last-minute updates via Twitter @ChineseSoBelle.
To participate, please:
1) Sign up and RSVP through Meetup.com and ck @ChineseSoBelle for last minute updates and future Eat with Natalie! meetups. You can just show up, but some venues may be first come, first serve, limited seating. (No Twitter? email me)
2) Bring some cash to cover your food costs when possible; some places are cash only.
3) Spread the word! Join the EAT with NATALIE! meetup group at meetup.com and follow Chinese Southern Belle on FB, Twitter, YouTube.
- This Saturday 1/7, after I lead a private youth tour, join me at 2pm inside 5600 Buford Hwy Market main entrance– spin thru the market (love the samples! Chinese New Year coming up) maybe snack at Korean bakery or bowl of pho. Follow Twitter @ChineseSoBelle Where’s Natalie live updates.
- *Special Chinese New Year Cultural Dinner* hosted by Natalie & Margaret Keng! Looking for something unique, tasty and culturally inspiring to help you celebrate Asia’s biggest holiday of the year? Not in the mood to fight crowds, eat standing up or hear long speeches? Join hosts Natalie & Margaret Keng, Atlanta’s own Chinese Southern Belles, for a special Chinese New Year evening! Date/Time: Friday, January 27, 7:00pm. Cost: $40/person or date night special: $70/couple (enter discount code: couple) Register details coming soon…